Valentines Day is the perfect excuse to make a good day special. I have selected a few gift ideas for ‘Him’ and for ‘Her’. If she is a lady of good taste, or is a man of good taste, then my choices should be well received and appreciated.
1. The Romantic get away
Indulging in a romantic get away is always bliss. You have an opportunity to escape from the daily stresses of work, children, relatives and friends with never ending problems. Most importantly, it enables you to refocus your energy into your relationship by reigniting the love you feel for one another and rekindle your friendship without distraction or interference. Pay attention to your partner’s taste; would a quaint, cosy country house with oak beams and open log fires be more ideal? Or perhaps a more luxurious, contemporary designer touch take their fancy? It is the attention to detail that’ll get you that extra bit of nibbling of the toes!
2. Femme fatal make-up made easy
Begin with the Chanel cosmetics make-up range. Other brands may include Yves Saint Laurent, Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder, NARS, MAC , Bare minerals (for non-foundation wearers) to name a few. Here are some basic Chanel picks to get you started.
1. Rouge Allure Velvet – Limunous Matte Lip Colour £ 25.00 | 2. CHANEL – Le VERNIS Nail Colour: Fire £18 | 3. Poudre Signée de CHANEL – Illuminating Powder £46 | 4. Le Crayon Levres – colour: Rouge profond £17.50
3. Tech-Prince meets Digi-Princess
4. Codename: EXPERIENCE
Some of us are not Shakespeareans (feel free to read some of his love quotes). Meaning having, a meticulously handwritten poem with a wonderful flower bouquet delivered by Interflora at a specific location will
be vomited upon have little meaning (unless it is executed in conjunction with another cited gift). Be inspired by this selection of Experiences:
1. Double Supercar Taster for Two £109 | 2. The View from The Shard – Two Adults £59.90 | 3. Tandem Bungee Jump £120 | 4. Bishopstrow House and Spa – “Body Treat” Spa Day – 50% off from £85 per person
5. It’s in the Bag!
1. PRADA Tote bag in grape colour £920 | 2. BURBERRY London Leather Crossbody Briefcase For Men £850 | 3. DIANE VON FURSTENBERG Tonda Raffia Clutch in clearwater £230 | 4. Lifeproof Nüüd Case for iPhones and iPads from £72.72
6. Dinner for two followed by…
1. followed by the Light From the Middle East: New Photography exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum | 2. A hand-picked performance at The Royal Opera House | 3. Giggles and laughter at the Convent Garden Comedy Club | 4. The Wigmore’s Men’s Facial & Wet Shave – Grooming for the modern gent
7. Don’t Break the Bank: Gifts for under £70
1. DIOR Fahrenheit fragrance for Men £44 | 2. LAUREN – Newbury Leather Cosmetic Case £69 | 3. POLO RALPH LAUREN Leather Card Case for Him £65 | 4. SALVATORE FERRAGAMO Vera Cufflink in nickel £69 | 5. Sumptuous DIPTYQUE candles £40 | | 6. REISS Gita Sapphire dress now £47 | 7. MARGARET DABBS Sole Spa voucher at LIBERTY London £50 | 8. Sex and the City Chic cosmopolitan cupcakes – Luxury gift box of 16 £38.50 | 9. JOHN LEWIS Non-Slip 24 Hook Tie Hanger £7
Ultimately, it is a shared experience and an excuse to hang out. If you are not in a relationship, why not make it a fun day out among friends?
Did you like any of my choices? Use it to hint him or her in the right direction.